Benefits of prenatal stretching
- It keeps your muscle tissue healthy
- It helps protect your freedom of movement and prevent muscle injury
- It can help you alleviate the pain
- It can relieve many of the common aches and pains
- It can improve muscle strength and endurance
- It may even make labor easier (according to ACOG)
Skipping stretching during pregnancy can lead to spinal misalignment, which can cause mild or even severe back pain and tightening of muscles. Also, it can lead to injuries during pregnancy and after giving birth.
As your belly grows, your posture changes to shift the weight. For many women, it can result in increasing of lumbar lordosis and declining posture. These posture changes can lead to severe pain and discomfort and cardiovascular, breathing and digestion difficulties. Tightness in the lower back, neck and chest also can occur in pregnant women who skipping stretching.
Stretching can relieve these aches and make your pregnancy easier and more comfortable, especially when you include a few stretching exercises into your daily