How often you usually do stretching?
⭐Stretch for at least 15 minutes every day to have progress.
Regular stretching improves your balance, strength and flexibility, it can improve your circulation and a steady blood flow helps reduce muscle tension and soreness. Читать далее «Stretching Tips»
There’s no average amount of time it takes to do a split because flexibility depends on many factors: elasticity of muscles, tendons and ligaments, temperature of body and air, muscle strength, ability of muscles to contract and relax, neural regulation of muscle tone, time of the day, age(each passing year muscles and joints seem to become stiffer and tighter), and even your psychologic status. And of course any injury or disability will also have an effect on one’s flexibility. So the time it takes you to do a split can vary with all these things and your ambition: if you do proper exercises with an optimal frequency (30-60 min 3-5 times per week) you will reach your goal faster than someone who skip routines.
Plan on anywhere from several weeks to several months. Don’t compare yourself with others, focus on your own progress. The progress can be good in the beginning, and often it slows down at the last portion of your training.
Can Everyone Do Splits?
Even if you think you aren’t flexible or are out of shape, most healthy adults can learn to do splits. Some health conditions, such as acute arthritis or severe varicose can make splits dangerous or even impossible, though. If you have a chronic medical condition or a history of injuries, check in with your doctor before you try to do splits.
You can find stretching tips here.
Benefits of prenatal stretching
- It keeps your muscle tissue healthy
- It helps protect your freedom of movement and prevent muscle injury
- It can help you alleviate the pain
- It can relieve many of the common aches and pains
- It can improve muscle strength and endurance
- It may even make labor easier (according to ACOG)
Читать далее «Is stretching safe during pregnancy?»
It’s one of the most popular questions in my instargam.
What I think as a sports medicine & kinesiotherapy physician and yoga teacher:
1. The optimal way is to start with beginners class or with yoga teacher. Visit few classes with different teachers to find your one. Many people think yoga is safe, but it’s correct just when you keep safety practice. Even experienced practitioners often need teacher’s correction to prevent injures. Sadly I have many patients who need rehabilitation after unsafe yoga practice (especially spine and neck injures).
Читать далее «How to start doing yoga.»